Tuesday, May 31, 2016

all natural face

I care a lot about what I put IN my body.
but at some point in the last year, I also started caring about what I put ON my body.
did you know your skin is your largest organ?!?

just like with what I consume, i'm not going to go 100% crazy here.
I sit out in the sun without sunscreen on and love it (well, the chemicals in sunscreen are a whole other issue...)
and I love my coconut lotion that I put on my legs when I want to smell like the beach.

but, every night, when I get ready for bed, I've been using a combination of things that are ALL natural AND take care of getting my face cleaned up from the day.

they are all cheap. and easy. and WORK! (I tried the "natural" shampoo at one point...it was also cheap. but NOT easy and DIDN'T work!)

so, we what we have here are:
1) coconut oil - I use this with a little round pad. I dip it in the oil and then take gently take off my eye make-up
2) baking soda - I use some warm water and a little bit of baking soda to rub into my face and it just feels like it rubs off all the yuck from the day
3) argan oil - I use one little spritz of it and rub it mostly around my eye area...and then if there's some left on my hands, I rub the rest of my face

i'm not saying my face looks incredible or anything. but, I don't have any breakouts. and I guess i'm just pretty happy with the overall cost/ease of this little regimen of mine. I've been using it for at least 6 months and just thought i'd share in case someone wanted to stop buying all that expensive stuff at the store. ;-)

1 comment:

Nana said...

I am right there with you, Courtney. Why spend all the money on expensive, facial cleansers when basic products do just as well and are better for your skin!