Wednesday, June 19, 2013

healing comes with scabs...

"I know the sound of a tiny heart breaking.

I know healing comes with scabs and sometimes it's hard for a child not to pick at them, tear them clean off.

I know God requires a lot of us sometimes, but I don't understand this kind of bravery.

I know that spinning love from loss and weaving a family out of remnants is work more cut out for a pioneer, and I know I've never had the mettle for the hard life.

But little hands can learn to hold on and so can weak hearts.

A mama and her little love can teach each other things while they wage war between everything they lost and this right here."

from Flower Patch Farmgirl
{LOVE her. for so many reasons. especially this one.}

1 comment:

Liza said...

This is beautiful, Courtney. Such an encouraging - and honest! - picture of what you do, every day.