Wednesday, June 19, 2013

morning at the pool

i honestly think a MAIN reason for me feeling overwhelmed has been how busy we have been. i don't do busy well. i like to be home and not rushed. ha!

i scheduled in a morning at the pool with my kids this morning. and treated it like an appointment. i wasn't going to let anything take it away. we all needed it. to just BE and PLAY.

 i'm not sure i've ever brought my "real" camera to the pool before? it was fun!



it was chillier out this morning than i thought it was going to be. so, they lasted a little while in the pool, and then started playing "volleyball" on the pool deck.
 all 6 are in this one - can you find them all?
THIS is my favorite, favorite stuff. when they say, "mom, watch!" i can and DO. and smile and comment on whatever amazing thing they did.


 always some pouting...
 and ended with lunch.
came home to rest for a bit before heading back to the pool for the kids first swim meet! we'll be there from about 4-9 pm. i'm in charge of parking and assigned to be a "runner" for the entire meet. the weather is supposed to be great...hoping pat makes it on the earlier side and the little boys are feeling patient :/ this could be a little dicey...

2 comments:

Katy said...

Good for you court. You all need time like this!!! Prob mote often than you get! Love you!!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to do morning at the pool, but it has been so chilly! I'm going to go with them after lunch, though, because I want to get some time just relaxing with them before I leave.