Monday, December 24, 2012

happy christmas eve!

these pictures lie.
it was a rough day. but there WERE some beautiful moments.
and i'm thankful for each and every one of them...even with all of our mess!

it was a busy, full day. and there's more to share. but, for now, happy christmas eve from the cassada's!
{picture taken at 9:38 pm...after a LOOOOOONG day and just getting home from an hour carride. not bad, huh??}
stockings are all set. balloons blown up for our big birthday party!! pat's marinating the steak for dinner tomorrow. just a few finishing touches and we can head to bed!!
trying to dwell on Him amidst it all...

3 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

So sorry it was a tough day. Sometimes these SPECIAL days just hold TOO much... LOVED your pic. Loved the peaceful scene of stockings all ready...and the b'day for Jesus set. REST good dear ones. A new day is before you. Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

Love the balloons for Jesus. Booker my 2 year old has been asking, "baby Jesus" see him? When we say we will celebrate his bday on Christmas morning. Oh sweet boy, we will but it won't be soon enough. Peace friend. Thank u for your honesty.

Amy said...

Courtney,

I found your blog awhile back when Lisa from One Thankful Mom linked to your blog (I think!), and I am beyond thankful for your transparent blogging when it comes to being an adoptive family after the airport side of things! Our Christmas Eve was crazy hard too... my daughter has been home from Honduras for a little over 3 months, making us a family of 5 with three very young kiddos! And ALL of us are having a hard time, we take turns :) Anyways, I always struggle with do I share on my blog how hard it really is, afraid that others might be scared to adopt, but how much your authentic, grace-covered story impacts me makes me want to take the leap and be more transparent. So, a huge thank you!!!

Amy