Sunday, December 23, 2012

the noise

a home with 6 kids is loud. and sometimes the noise REALLY gets to me. i mean, UGLY mom comes out when i reach my limit.

but this weekend? there were a couple times when i was sitting there just taking them in, or i walked into a room where they were and the noise was just so MUCH...that my breath was taken away. in a GOOD way! even though i'm always trying to CONTROL our home (clean, pick up, keep them quiet and behaved...) i love to watch them just BE and let loose! a home FILLED with children being children is what i always hoped and DREAMED my life would look like. and He has given it to me! oh, i don't deserve it at all, but i am so RICH with it!

i don't know if it's the recent connecticut tragedy, or that it's christmastime, or that maybe (just maybe?) my heart is slowly learning to be thankful for EVERYthing...ESPECIALLY the "everyday"...but i have been overcome repeatedly this weekend with thankfulness.

i'm so very thankful for the 6 beautiful children God has given pat and i to parent. i'm thankful for their laughter and noise and each one's "issues" and how He uses all of it to teach us more about Him.

i know i will miss it one day...the noise. 

now...remind me of this mid-morning on christmas day, ok? ;-)

2 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Thankful...yes you are Courtney. You are blessed and you know it. I remember when you wanted 12 kids! Your answer was 6. Dad and I are so thankful for you...AND that we get to be a little part of it. Thankful hearts...a blessing to God. I love you this Christmas season...and ALWAYS!

Dawn said...

Here too. Just overwhelmed in a good way. :)