Friday, June 3, 2011

sweet birthday celebration!

got together with my family last night to celebrate phill and hannah's birthdays (minus steve - he had to work - BOO!)
it was a night of celebration!!! celebrating these 2, celebrating the beginning of summer, celebrating our family leaving in a week to get our boys {!}

the excitement and support of my family means the WORLD to me.

i'm in tears thinking about my dad's hug last night. if you've ever gotten a hug from my dad, you know what i mean. you can't talk during one. he hugs SO hard it almost hurts. but it's SO full of love. and it says WAY more than words can say. the next time i'll get one of those hugs, he'll be seeing me off onto a plane to bring my 5th and 6th children HOME. that's just about too much for my heart. too much.
all the grandkids
sisters....(the leaves were attacking us. i didn't realize!)
{his name in john ;-)}
these 2 are a riot!
it was a beautiful night. just beautiful!

6 comments:

Megan said...

It has to be tough to be John...He has to get through Steve, Phil, and most of all PAT! ;-) Glad he braved the family birthday celebrations!

Leighann said...

Is it true that with Levi and Lincoln you will account for 2/3 of the grandkids? Just sayin'.

Amy said...

Hannah is just gorgeous.

Kim said...

HANNAH I AM SORRY FORGOT BIRTHDAY WE JUST HAVE TO MANY TO KEEP UP WITH,, HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
ALWAYS WHAT GREAT PICTURES.
HAVE FUN TONIGHT

Christy said...

ummmmm
so is it wrong that the main thing that stuck out to me was JOHN??? :) HA!
love that girl so much :)

LOVE all of you!!!
XOXOXO :)

Hannah said...

you all are too sweet and encouraging!!!

megan- they have been VERY nice to john:) i've been impressed. pat's definitely the toughest...

kim- my birthday didn't happen YET! you didn't miss it! we just celebrated it a little off because we group a couple of month's birthdays together so we're not having family birthday celebrations every 2 weeks. :)

and christy- no. :) well, yes. it was an incredible night of such special people and special time together especially just where the family is right now...it was all just precious and I was soaking it up as i'm sure courtney was as well! but you know all that already:) he IS a really special guy...unbelievably so. so I'M not gonna fault you for that:)