Monday, May 2, 2011

the day we saw their faces

4:35 pm on May 2, 2011

yes, it's true.
WE GOT OUR REFERRAL!!!


i was gone all morning.
walked in around 11:30 after getting bailey on the bus and checked email for the first time all day.
just "normal" emails.
checked spam...just in case.
i could see there was just 1 in there (i check it pretty often these days)

i clicked it

IT WAS OUR REFERRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only sawyer was home.
i laughed. and cried. and jumped up. and i think i ran around in a couple circles or something.

i couldn't click on it because i knew i wanted pat to be with me.

so, i called him.

he answered.

"we got it!!!" i screeched!!!!

he couldn't believe it.

and then said he had meetings all day followed by a dr appt at 4 pm. he's been pretty sick and getting worse and we need him better to get his shots on wednesday afternoon.

so...here i sit at 4:35 pm...i have yet to see their faces.
i walked around in circles for the 2 hours sawyer napped and before the kids got home from school (sawyer slept GREAT in his big boy bed...by the way...)
helped the kids with homework.
if i hold my hands out, they are shaking. i can not WAIT to see them!!!!
made 2 pans of lasagna...one for this week...one to freeze.

and, now i'm waiting for pat to get home so we can tell the kids.
and open the email together.

AHHHH!!!!!

to be continued....

10:14 pm.

pat got home at 5:21 pm.
i had a headache. the kids were running around the house like banshees. i was DYING to see my boys faces and was ignoring the 4 children running circles around me and i sat on the chair staring out the window willing pat to drive up.

he finally did.

we told the kids.

rebekah took pictures of us opening the email up...
 oh, how i dreamed of this day. even though i had all afternoon to prepare for it, i still had no idea what it would be like. it.was.precious.

THEY are precious!!
we can't show pictures or tell any real details here because they aren't officially OURS...but, let's just say we need to leave the crib up!!!
{and my heart is SO happy about that!!!}
if you see us in person, we will GLADLY show you their faces!
then we brought the kids in and showed THEM their pictures...
i honestly can't remember what they said. or did.
i was just trying to process it all...
i do know they were and are excited!
then we drove around and showed our parents' their next 2 grandsons!



we don't know yet when we will be traveling. we hope to know more by the end of the week!

God is so good.
we are so blessed.

36 comments:

Leighann said...

I'm still weeping. Is that normal?! And yes, I've been checking your blog endlessly since I got the email. :)

Laura said...

I just have chills all over me right now!! I remember that day for us. You will never forget it!! Can't wait to learn more about them when you can share!! For now, just savor it!!

Anonymous said...

My heart is so joyful to hear this! Praise Jesus for those two sweet boys that are now YOURS!

Judy said...

I'm totally crying over here! God is good!!

Cassie said...

tears tears tears.
cannot WAIT to "meet" them! :)
lots of love from iowa.
now relax and soak it UP!

Rutledge 7 said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness! I checked on your blog earlier today, and this news was not here yet...so imagine my surprise this evening when I just thought I would pop back in to see if you posted anything new...and you posted THIS! Amazing! Praise the Lord! Congratulations! :)

Alden and Dorian said...

Some rejoicing going on! Courtney, we have lost our email connection........argh! I'll be on contact tomorrow. Love you - all 8 of you! :)

Mary said...

YES!!! Congratulations!

Kim Van Brunt said...

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your moment with us... priceless!

Laura said...

awww!!! crying my eyes out!! so, so, so stoked & happy for you;)

Five Arrows Farm said...

YAY!!! So happy for you guys! (The pictures of your faces seeing your boys are PRECIOUS!)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That was so quick (well, you know, relatively speaking!!!) Congratulations Courtney and family:)

Renee said...

Seriously, I'm so excited for you! I have such great memories of that day! So many emotions. I can't wait to see their faces too!

Holly said...

I canNOT believe you waited for Pat.
you are way better than me :-)

Kim Mattes said...

oh i am SO excited for you guys!!! and i so wish that you could show their faces!! ;-) (and that we lived closer) we all are praying for all 8 of you! sending lots of hugs!!

scooping it up said...

OH MY GOSH.

congratulations!!

Leah said...

Speechless. The first thing I do in the morning is roll over to check my e-mail (and time) on the blackberry. So you're message was the first thing I saw this morning! We are beyond thrilled for you!! Joy is overfilling my heart.

Janet said...

What a precious moment for you guys! Finally get to see their faces! And a crib? Awww, that's awesome!! Hope Pat is feeling better soon too!

anthonyandbeth said...

Yay!!! I am so excited!!! I can't stop thinking about you. What joy it must have been to see their faces and know you will have them soon!!! So very sweet! I love that you drove straight away to show them to the grandparents. One dayk that will mean the world to those precious boys. To know they were truly part of the family before they were even home!!! I LOVE that!!

The Goetz Family said...

Wohoooooo!!!!! So excited for you guys...i laughed, cried and jumped around myself!

Carrie said...

Congratulations!! All the best for speedy and smooth travel!

Michelle said...

That is AWESOME!! It happened so fast! I love that you have pictures of you and Pat seeing their pictures for the first time....so sweet. Congratulations!!

beckley said...

Heavenly father,
Your Will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.


Thanking God for you and pat, and these two little boys who now have a family.

This is the stuff.
much love, peace be with you-

jenn said...

words cannot express our excitement!! been thinking of you ALL night and ALL day!!

we love you guys - ALL of you!!!! :)

XOXO

Katy said...

i'm so excited for all of you - i love all the pictures chronicling all of this - and the faces of rebekah showing the grandmas...and your mom's face before she fell apart (i'm assuming) at the news! :) I LOVE it - oh and how pat's jaw is all clenched in the first picture and then the next one is all smiles - love it!!! :) Love you guys and am SO excited you're on to the next stage of this journey now!!

Katy said...

and by the way - i'm SO glad sawyer slept great in his big boy bed - i forgot to ask that this morning! :)

Tisha said...

Oh Courtney! How incredibly exciting for you! That must have been such a sweet moment. I'm amazed you could wait for Pat! I could not! Since we adopted waiting kids, we never had that "referral moment" so I can only imagine it's preciousness to you - especially after all the waiting. What a thrill to be able to leave your crib up!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Grace said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!! SO thrilled for you, courtney!!! this is amazing, amazing news! i can't wait to hear more and follow along!

Beckysblog said...

wow!!!! tears!!!!!!

Judi said...

As I'm sitting here reading I'm welled up with tears. Tears of joy for each of you but also for the dear sweet little boys that will be joining your family. We rejoice with you and will continue to pray for the days and weeks ahead. So looking forward to meeting the additions to your family.

Brandon said...

We are so happy for you all. I can't wait to continue to here the story of God is weaving to bring this family together.

Amy said...

Tears and more tears.
So, so excited for you!!!
Oh, how I wish I could see you in person and see their sweet faces!! (I don't suppose you can email...) :)

Katie said...

Been following your blog for over a year now and am so in awe at the Lord's kindness to you guys! My husband and I are praying about adoption from Rwanda & waiting for the country to re-open. I'm praying for strength for you as you wait to finally go pick up your boys!

Mandy said...

i can't believe i'm just now reading this. this is amazing and i'm crying right now. how beautiful!

Megan said...

How is it that I could hold it all together through the email and then now reading this post, all the way until the point when Rebekah is showing your dad the photos and then the tears just came. These boys are SO BLESSED and they don't even know it yet. Love you guys! Love how you Love.