Monday, May 2, 2011

answered prayer

""If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you." ~ Jesus in John 15:7


"I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." ~ Jesus in John 16:23-24

God is so good. He just is.

last thursday was a big day in my heart.
i ran to target for a couple birthday gifts for parties the girls had this past weekend.
on the way home, i was overcome (like most days) with all of this...this whole thing...this whole bringing 2 new children into our family and traveling halfway around the world to get them with 3 of our children and leaving our baby behind. sometimes it just all seems like TOO MUCH. and i can't breathe.


i am fearful.


and i doubt.


well, it happened while i was driving.


and i just prayed one of those short prayers...the ones i think He probably loves the most because it's when we're not just leaning on Him, but we're jumping into His arms.

"Lord, I just need one more confirmation. Just one more..."

i dropped bailey off at school on the way home.
got home.
grabbed the mail from the mailbox on the way in.
opened it. 
and there was a check from dear friends towards our adoption costs.


He almost couldn't have answered me any faster. 
i laughed through my tears.
He is so good.

and He answers. He does.


{wanna know what that picture is of?? the dress i'm going to wear when i meet our boys for the first time. bought with a gift card i've been saving and saving for the right thing. this was it.}

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You are going to be such a beautiful mommy, holding your arms open wide for these two new sons!

Kim said...

praise the lord, yea loved your outfits also. you well do fine.
hugs well do what i can later, medical bills and paying them .

Leighann said...

love the color of your new dress!

Yes, God is good all the time!

Ali said...

glad you found a dress. I am sure Bailey very much approves ;)

Nicole said...

Oh, congratulations Courtney! Celebrating and dancing with you! Such encouragement to me to see your joy-filled faces as you gazed upon the first images of your boys. taste and see that the LORD is good!

Yay!

Nicole