Friday, July 2, 2010

last but not least...the kids' bathroom

i have been dying to get my hands on this bathroom since we looked at the house to buy it.
i couldn't STAND it!
and most people that see it for the first time think it's so cute.
but i just didn't like it.

they painted the cabinets! and they were NICE cabinets!

ok.
the before:

the top half of the walls were cream and the bottom half were...ugly.
we just put up the shower curtain and canvas from our previous house.

and i hung the hooks for the towels in the BEST place.
especially when kids were throwing up in that toilet!
{sarcasm...the towels were in the WORST place!}

and, of course, it had THE best light ;-)

and the after:

i wanted wainscoting or board and batten...but those ideas both got the thumbs down from pat, so i went with my stripes :-)

a light blue and a lighter blue.

this print was my inspiration...
as my kids get older...i want them to remember that they are my sunshine.
AND...it was tricky making the bathroom not too "girly" or too "masculine" and this seemed like a good compromise!

hung a fancy curved shower rod!

and painted the cabinets black.
pat seriously doubted this idea...but he admits now that it looks good!

and...a MUCH better light fixture! :-)

ahhh...i love it! it's much lighter and just sweet!

and it's DONE!
the upstairs is done.

except for sawyer's room...which will be our new boys' room...but we don't know their ages yet so it's hard to set it up. BUT we have the 2 white beds that were rebekah and joshua's AND we'll have sawyer's crib. so i don't think we'll need any beds! hopefully we'll be thinking about that and planning that sooner than later, right??

6 comments:

jenn said...

love it! where i did you get the print? i sing that to them every night before bed - i have to have it!!! :)

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, how do you have time for all these projects?? everything looks great, but I think the bathroom is my favorite re-do!

Alden and Dorian said...

Oh Courtney, it is so fun to see it all DONE and each room is just so beautiful and unique and clean and fresh. You are so creative and put it to GREAT use!!! I know it feels good to have other space in your brain now....for whatever you choose....summertime!!!!! I love you! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!!!!

Schleiden Family said...

Thank you for sharing all these fun before and afters. I have such a hard time with decorating and you've given me some good, new ideas! Love it! Can't wait until you get the info from Rwanda so can finish the bedroom for your two little boys!

Megan said...

Okay, I have to admit. I LOVE this bathroom. Like night and day seeing that before and after. It just looks awesome!

Kate and Geoff said...

um - with a few tweaks, i would want this for my master bath someday. i LOVE it! :-)