Friday, July 2, 2010

the kids' canvases and the bathroom print

first of all, i got the bathroom print (you are my sunshine) here.

next...the kids' canvases.
i make them for their 2nd birthday.
i ask the "special people" in our lives for 1 WORD that describes that child.
it's so cool to see that 2 year old's personality be described perfectly in the words people choose!
and i don't think there has ever (or rarely) been duplicate words given to me!

and the personality that they show at 2 years old...is still pretty much who they are today!

i then take a canvas, paint it, and paint the words around it.
i have a piece of paper {somewhere} that tells who said which word.
i hope they treasure these for life!

i need to start working on sawyer's!
can you believe that???
maybe i'll ask YOU GUYS for his words...that seems kind of appropriate since his whole life has been blogged :-)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I absolutely love the idea of the canvases for your kids!! I so wish I heard about that 10 years ago when my oldest was turning 2. I am trying to think of a way to start it now without it being cheesy to my older kids. Let me know if you have any thoughts. I love to decorate with things that have purpose and meaning!! Great job on the rooms!

Katy said...

all the rooms look AMAZING Courtney! you poured your heart and soul into each room and making it so special - i feel like it looks like a whole new house! I LOVE it!!! ALL of it!