Thursday, November 19, 2009

rainbow pancakes!

remember the rainbow cake?
it was fun.
but took a LOT of time.

a friend sent me a picture of rainbow pancakes this morning!
{thanks, courtney!}
and "breakfast for dinner" was already on the menu so i just added some color!

there was a dance party going on while i was cooking... {a neighbor was here}



fun, right??

everyone got to pick 3 to eat tonight and 3 for breakfast tomorrow morning.


i think all the colors brought the "sillies" out at dinner...



sawyer wasn't sure what to make of all of it.
he just wanted to EAT!

but he eventually got into it... :-)


this was WAY more do-able and fun than the rainbow cake!!!

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Uh, totally doing that!

Courtney said...

SO glad I could pass this on. It looks like it was a BIG hit! I'm pretty sure Berkley isn't quite ready to appreciate the colored pancakes yet, so I figured I could live vicariously through watching your kids enjoy them! :)

Kim Mattes said...

did you just use regular food coloring or did you use the wilton colors? my girls would LOVE this!!! thanks for sharing!

Haley said...

I made the rainbow cake a little differently, and it was much easier, and still pretty cool looking. It only takes two cake pans, you get all the baking done at once, and you don't need as much frosting. It's not quite as tall, but I think it's still impressive: http://stateofhaley.blogspot.com/2009/10/rainbow-connection.html

Tisha said...

Haha, Sawyer's chin(s) in that last picture made me laugh. Looks like a fun night for all!