Friday, June 27, 2008

kelly


this is kelly. you might remember last summer, i went to kentucky with another friend (meridith) to visit kelly. i met her when i just had rebekah. she "took me under her wing" and let me watch her live life. she has 5 kids. her youngest is joshua's age. she was and still is such a gift. i learned so much from her - just watching her be a wife and mom and painter (we loved painting together - she's SO talented). their family was passing through town and we got to visit for about an hour.

God has always blessed me with people "a stage ahead" in life - to observe and to encourage me. i hate how far away kelly lives, how seldom we talk, and how rarely we see each other. but there aren't many days that i don't wonder "what would kelly do in this situation?" she taught me to be a better mom in many ways and i'm so thankful for her.

3 comments:

Holly said...

what a sweet gift!!!!

Alden and Dorian said...

Friendship ~ precious. What a fantastic picture of the two of you. :)

Megan said...

Is this a good place to thank you so incredibly much for being the gift of that "person" ahead of me? Not in age, but definitely in the family experience and spiritual walk. Thank you, and I love you so much!