Tuesday, September 13, 2016

big transition for me

all summer, people were asking me how I was feeling about my kids ALL being in school. it is the first time in 15 years! I was all, "i'm great! not sad. it's time. I've been waiting for this for a LOOONG time."

well........the night before school started, I completely lost it. it hit me HARD. I have LOVED these years with my kids being home. I've never wished it away. and, all of a sudden (it felt like!) it was OVER! forever! I cried and cried.

and continued to cry most of the next day...(the first day of school). my heart was broken and trying to process the huge change. I let myself cry. I let myself feel. (this is something new i'm trying...and I like it!)

Rebekah left this for me the first day:
SO sweet and made me start crying all over again!
the next day, i went for a long walk. no more crying. and my heart was adjusting. it's a new season. i don't know exactly what it will look like for me. and that's ok. i'm going to keep doing what I've always done, love my husband and kids in each moment the best way i know how, seek God and His will for me in every moment of my life, and try to take in all the beautiful blessings surrounding me every step of the way!

i'm also realizing (now that it's 2 weeks into school) that those 6 hours go by REALLY fast!!!

No comments: