what are your 5 favorite christmas songs and why??
mine are (in no particular order):
1. Baby, It's Cold Outside :: sung by Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting - i know this song sounds a little sketchy, but i choose to believe it's innocent and fun. i can't sit still when it's on, i always dance around and it makes me smile and sing. i love that.
2. Mary, Did You Know? :: i love it sung by anyone but this one's great! -i love the perspective to think about Jesus being born from mary's point of view.
3. Labor of Love :: Andrew Peterson - i love this whole album...RICH truth of the WHOLE story of who Jesus is...starting in Genesis! but this song...so beautiful...and again highlights mary's part of the story...her obedience...and then the HUGENESS of the Baby being born and how He IS the maker of this world. SO huge.
4. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) :: the version by Colin Raye was the one i listened to ALL through high school/college. it WAS my favorite christmas song for YEARS so i feel like i have to give it credit. but it isn't anymore?? kinda makes me cringe now? i don't know why i loved it. and i don't know why i don't anymore. kinda like how i used to hate brussel sprouts and now i love them. ??
5. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing :: Rend Collective - this christmas song is sung SO often...and is SO full of truth!! "God and sinners reconciled" ... "Christ the everlasting Lord" ... "born that man no more may die" ... "veiled in flesh, the Godhead see" ... "born to give them second birth" !!!
what are YOUR favorite christmas songs?!?