Thursday, October 23, 2014

thought of

when the kids got home from school yesterday, i had a pile of library books that i had picked out for each of them ready and waiting. it was a spontaneous act on my part. i had a book to pick up for myself at the library and 10 extra minutes...so i let lincoln and levi pick books while i picked books for the other kids.

but their reactions when they got home told me it was something special. to have been thought of while we were apart. to be known well enough for someone to pick things they would like. as i showed each of them their pile, they looked me in my eyes and their smiles said, "wow. i am loved."

it was free and easy and brought ME joy. and i had no idea how far it would go in their hearts! and into our afternoon and evening! they read off and on ALL day!

1 comment:

Nana said...

I am so happy that my grandchildren love to read!!!
Love,
Grandmommy