Monday, September 8, 2014

bailey's 9th birthday

this girl is one fun thing to celebrate!! we had to get a bit creative. her birthday was on a friday (fun!) of the first week of school (everyone was exhausted :/) and 3 of the boys had their first football games that night taking up our WHOLE afternoon/evening (yikes!).

we started her birthday with donuts all around!
 after i grocery shopped for the upcoming week, lincoln, levi and i went and ate lunch with her at school. i dressed up...just for her :-)


THEN. grandma and papa came to the rescue!! they took the girls out to dinner to celebrate both of their birthdays...while i did the football games.
 the next morning, we celebrated bailey's birthday as a family...after a special breakfast of chocolate chip scones (her request).

 i got this card for her in june at seaside :-) it's SO perfect for her!
 this. oh my goodness. a couple months ago she saw this dress in target. has mentioned it ever since. THANKfully, i bought it that day (on the sly!) that she first saw it! it was the ONLY one in her size. isn't her expression priceless??
 then we lived our day saturday. full of chores and playing and saturday "stuff."

then i surprised her with a key lime pie that night. she doesn't like cake. or cookies. but LOVES key lime pie. i didn't make it. but i did think of it and get it :-) she loved it!
 singing to her!
 her expressions...(thinking of her wish)

 it was such a fun weekend celebrating this girl!! (she has asked for a gymnastics mat for 2 years. every christmas and birthday. we finally got it. and so far it's a HIT!)
and the birthday bonanza is OVER! whew! don't even TALK to me about christmas...

4 comments:

Katy said...

I think the picture of her squeezing l & l is my favorite!! Happy birthday sweet girl! I will eat key lime pie with you any day!!!

Unknown said...

I am jealous. We start birthday season here tomorrow and I am not ready. :-/

Leighann said...

The expression on her face made me tear up. I LOVE giving my kids the desires of their hearts. Reminds me of Someone else I know. ;)

Nana said...

Happy Birthday to our beautiful granddaughter!