Thursday, May 15, 2014

mother's day {belated birthday party}

mother's day.
it's a weird day for me.
and i don't want to talk about it.

except that i felt VERY loved and appreciated. and that was nice.

so,  the kids had earned some money that they wanted to use to give pat and i a birthday party. we did that on mother's day. and it was amazing. they planned. and made lists. and were SO excited!

they got pizza for everyone except me. just looking at pizza makes my stomach cramp up. so they got me chipotle :)
rebekah made quacamole.
we ate on the porch. it was the PERFECT temperature.
i had a pile of mother's gifts AND pat and i had a birthday gift from the kids.

he gave me a coupon for a BIG HUG. i've cashed it in lots of times...


they made us a pound cake. vanilla icing for me. chocolate for pat.

it was a GOOD day. i am blessed to be a mom. and can't believe that He chose to give me THESE 6 amazing kids to do that with!

2 comments:

Leighann said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you!! Sweet the kids threw you a party. It's nice to be on the receiving end, isn't it?

Ali said...

So fun! I love how your children are reflecting the way YOU show your love to them.