Monday, December 30, 2013

saturday. december 28.

this was a day of perfection. PERfection.
ran 12 miles. 6 with my running group. 6 on my own. that in itself is perfection!
i love running by myself for some reasons. and with my running group for other reasons. to get to do both was amazing!

pat took some of the kids to a Georgetown basketball game for most of the day. i ran some errands with the others. and wore my Toms...which make me GIDDY when i wear them. they are the ones i got in NYC in a Whole Foods on a snowy day in December. the STORY they hold makes me so happy. then had a TRUE quiet time (no real quiet with the older kids home from school!) to get some stuff done...updated the budget, made my grocery list and menu for the next week, started feeling a little bit on top of things around here.

they got home, and pat and i left on a date!! rebekah is our babysitter now and it's amazing. she is so capable. and the "hard" kids actually do better with her than with grandparents or other babysitters because there is no acting up with her. so it's less stressful for us.

we had the most perfect date. five guys for burgers and fries. went to the outlet mall and we both got new jeans. (i tried on about 5 times as many...) home depot. target for toilet paper. found a restaurant that has desserts from Julian's in New York City!! which was my favorite dessert we had there. rented a movie from red box. were home by 9 pm to watch the movie. it was perfect. i LOVE spending time with that man.

1 comment:

Holly said...

uh...those are THE CUTEST TOMS I've ever seen!!!!!