Thursday, May 16, 2013

soaking them up

 i know i keep saying it, but my mornings are so sweet to me and i am just soaking them up with sawyer and levi. i'm trying to say, "yes" as often as i can. we played hide and seek at the playground the other morning. it was TRULY so fun. sometimes i play with them (any of my kids) and i'm somewhere else in my head, or i'm waiting until i've played "long enough" to say, "ok. i have to go do x/y/z." i wish i was better at PLAYING with them. but this day i was. it was a blast. this was one of my hiding places - in the tunnel thing. they couldn't find me :-) i had to say their names.

and this was sawyer and i hiding behind a tree (i was watching levi try to find us - so he didn't just walk and walk and walk!)
quote from sawyer yesterday afternoon: "I'm sweating. That's why I need to eat jelly beans."

now tell me, how can you NOT love being with that kind of stuff?!?

2 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Simple pleasure of motherhood. Keep enjoying and by the way, good job for just chillin with them...while you can. :)

Ali said...

so glad you are enjoying them. i think all us moms are bracing ourselves for the end of school changes ;)