Tuesday, May 14, 2013

mother's day

i was glad that i didn't have to go to church on mother's day (because i was still in texas with my girlfriends!) i know that sounds horrible. but mother's day is such a PAINFUL day. and every year, when i stand there in church singing the worship songs, i can FEEL the pain around me...of the women that desire to be mom's that can't, or were moms but have lost children, or daughters that can no longer hug or call their mom's. so.much.pain. it takes all i have to not sit down and sob.

i am so blessed. i am a mom. it's all i ever wanted to be, and God has given me the desire of my heart - 6 times over! i am blessed with an amazing mom that i have a great relationship with and that i get to see and hug and laugh with regularly. i have yet to truly experience the pain i feel on this day. i don't know why i feel it so strongly for others (some people in my life tell me i feel TOO STRONGLY. i don't know how to feel "less strongly". i'm thinking it might help me sleep a little better...)

a pain i do feel is for lincoln and levi's birthmom's. i pray for them often...that they will have a peace about their sons. that when they wonder, as i'm CERTAIN they do, about their son's and if they are loved and cared for...that God would let them know WITHOUT A DOUBT that they are. i know He can do that and i trust that He does. but this day is hard...knowing there are 2 mom's out there that have to be (for whatever reason) a world away from the son's they gave birth to...i can't fathom the pain of that.

ANYWAYS. it was a great mother's day. because it started in a place filled with girlfriends and love. and then i spent a good chunk of the day flying and trying not to throw up on the sweet lady next to me. and then my family picked me up at 6:30 pm and said, "where should we eat dinner?" i was so sick it was hard to think (i have motion sickness. bad.) but i chose chipotle and asked if we could just pick it up and bring it home. we did. and it was yummy!

they make me mom. i am so very blessed. not to mention the amazing husband that took care of them all weekend, did laundry for the first time (!!!), the house was clean and the kids were bathed! he ALSO mulched the yard, planted beautiful flowers for me, and planted our garden (that we started from seeds and have been growing inside). AND he took them to the farm to play. and they had a big sleepover all together in the family room. and he taught our sunday school class of 30 3rd graders all by himself. amazing, yes he is!
i had a sweet, sweeet pile of cards and gifts to open!
i couldn't love this picture (and boy!) more!!!
joshua's face is so great here. it's hard to get a REAL smile from him on camera! he was so excited for me to open his card - there are 3 flowers in it that have different chores he will do for me on each one :-)
we seem very serious. it wasn't as serious as it looks. but you do have to be really careful what you say to this boy. he is SO SO literal. no joking, no sarcasm. say what you mean and mean what you say!
sawyer's card that he made for me...
he read it for like 5 minutes. he was making it up as he went. it was so so precious.
a kiss for bailey.
they got closer and closer to me as we went :-) rebekah's was last. she made me a bookmark. oh, i love her.
swooping in at dinner time and opening cards and gifts and then sending them off to bed was a pretty great plan! ;-)

{in addition to the fun athleta shirt pat gave me, he took these pictures - they are so precious to me!}

i am honored to be a mom. especially of the 6 He has given me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait. Pat has never done laundry before this weekend? Mind. Boggled. How are you so amazing he has never had to pitch in and do laundry?

Happy Mother's Day my empathetic friend.