Thursday, February 7, 2013

why am i so TIRED at 8 pm?!?

just posted this pic and description to instagram (courtneycassada if you're on there!):
 

8 pm. Headed out for a {fast!} 3 mile run. Wasn't feeling it but did it anyways. Snapped a pic real quick to capture the look of the long day. Sometimes I get frustrated with how tired I am, but then I remember why ... Up at 5 am, 4.5 mile run, breakfast done, 3 kids to school, cared for a sick kid while doing school with another and keeping a baby out of both things, shower (!), met pat for lunch with the 3 boys at home, 2 kids down for naps, Joshua and I took short naps then watched karate kid together (I took care of a few urgent emails and blogged about his bday for a few minutes), picked kids up from school, homework with one, yet another "issue" dealt with with another, (oh! 3 loads of laundry done!), got to talk to good friend for a few minutes and be painfully honest, dinner (leftovers...whew!), took bailey to bball practice and shopped (alone!) for a weeks worth of groceries at Sams while she was there, home and headed out for my run. 
Yes. Now I know why I'm tired :)

i forgot that i also made a cake that looks like a basketball court. you'll see it tomorrow ;-)

not patting myself on the back. we ALL work so hard. it just helps me to understand WHY i'm so drained at 8 pm!
 
also. at lunch today joshua informed pat that "mom never sits down. at least you get to sit down all day!" part of me was glad he noticed how hard i work. part of me was sad. i DID sit with him for what i thought was a good amount of time both days. but maybe not enough??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Color me impressed! That was a chock full day. You earned tired at 8pm.

Katy said...

Wait. You're running twice a day now? Wow. I don't know how you do the 5am wakeup everyday. Yuck!!!

Leighann said...

now that i'm not eating processed carbs, i don't get the afternoon lunch coma or feel like falling asleep with the kids. (i'm not up at 5 am either!)

can't wait to see the cake!

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

you better take care of your self.....it is hard but need to sit down and just rest . Know the runs are good but be careful.