Monday, March 26, 2012

moments

i'm not sure i'll ever be able to fully put into words what this season of Lent has meant to me, taught me, how it has challenged me, grown me.

but, one thing i do know. the moments of my days don't fly by anymore. i take them in, appreciate them, walk through them slowly instead of speeding through without looking back. {mostly}

some sweet moments from the last week...

a night out with this girl. oh, yes. my heart needed that!
last basketball games for the older 3 kids. SO thankful to great coaches for teaching them and making the season a GREAT one!
friday afternoon. there is some reading contest going on at school. joshua and bailey read to each other for forEVER, and filled in their feathers (if they read to each other, they BOTH got to count the pages!)
rebekah was sorting her recipe cards in her recipe box. lincoln and sawyer were SO interested in watching her?!? it was 80 degrees and sunny outside. and no one was out there. crazy kids! i was finishing up 4 dozen cookies for our water project! i love having my kids where i can see them all! (levi was still sleeping...)
another afternoon. rebekah and i reading on the front porch. 80 degrees. hotter IN our house than outside.
made this rice on saturday night. it was SO yummy!!! and shared with sweet friends!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute thank you sign for the coach's candy bar - did you do that or did you find it online? And do I recognize some fun twine from "Pick Your Plum" ? :)

I'm envious of your Lent - mine has not been as fruitful as I had hoped it would be - but mostly my fault, not investing in it like I wanted to - letting life get in the way, in not a good way. make sense? oh well - just cuz Lent is almost over doesn't mean I can't keep pushing closer to Him right?