Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love of my life

after God (of course), Pat Cassada is the love of my life.

16 years ago today we went on our first date. it was a blind date (kind of). things didn't work out for us the first time around. but, in the end, they did. :-)

{forgive the picture. i took it of a picture in a frame.}
while we're at it, let's look at ALL of our valentine's days in college :-)

those were some fun days. but i wouldn't trade them for what we have now for anything. when i see those pictures, i don't even know who those people are. me OR him. we have grown up together. and have grown in Him together. and i'm so so thankful that God gave me Pat to walk through this life with. i am so blessed.
got up this morning to my favorite thing. flowers? no (i actually can't stand flowers.) jewelry? no (not my favorite either).

one of his handmade cards. he's given me cards written on computer paper from the beginning. nothing fancy. and free (which makes him happy :-))
but the words inside?? worth WAY more to me than flowers/jewelry/anything! he loves me so well.
oh, yes. it even went onto the back! what a gift to be loved. and this year it means even more. he has loved me through some pretty ugly moments of mine. love has taken on a new, deeper meaning lately.

8 comments:

Peyton said...

Love this. Love you both.

Katy said...

Love you guys. Remembering well those first several valentines days.....and so glad we all have made it thru to this part - so much better! :)

jenn said...

there is NOTHING like a hand-written note.

NOTHING.

happy vallies!

xoxo

Ali said...

sweet! LOVE you guys. And totally agree with how much you've grown and changed.

Laura said...

I totally agree. Don't get me flowers, don't buy me jewelry, just love me(and maybe take me out to eat!), or cold, hard cash is always nice. : )

Holly said...

our husbands are two peas in a pod ;-)
('cept Jake's a spender...I got a fair trade card ;-)

Unknown said...

I would looooooove that many words from Kim.

beckley said...

yay!

and jim's been informed he'll be shot on site if he buys me flowers or cards, so i'm a lot of fun to be married to. now computer paper, i'd be cool with that. =)

fun to see you guys together for so long!