Thursday, February 2, 2012

9 months ago today...

i opened an email with these 2 pictures in it.

i'm thinking maybe i never posted these pictures?? because we couldn't until we passed court - which was when we were IN rwanda. and then we just started posting real-time pictures. never these...the FIRST time we saw them...
my dad made us each a set of pictures that were pocket-sized. each kid had a set in their pocket. they took them EVERYwhere..school..church...target...they were quicker to whip them out to people than i was!
i will never forget the first sunday we went to church after getting their pictures - the kids were SO proud to show anyone and everyone their new brothers!

honestly...i don't even recognize those 2 boys! they (especially lincoln!) don't even look like the 2 boys that i kiss and hug and laugh with everyday in my home...as my SONS.

i remember my first thoughts when i saw each of them...

lincoln seemed to have that "sparkle" - full of life..and capable of just about anything. and...it is true!
and levi just seemed so CUTE. and..it is true!!!

i spent HOURS staring at those pictures. just wondering. now i know. i know that those cheeks of levi's feel like to kiss. i know what lincoln's laugh sounds like. i know the ONLY way to get lincoln's hands to be still are to have him fold them (and even then he can still manage to do some damage!) i know how to get levi to stop giving me that SERIOUS face and smile :-)

at the time, i looked at them and couldn't believe they were my sons. they have brought blessing upon blessing to our family and i'm so thankful!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

tears.

Unknown said...

love that you now truly know them. beautiful.

Ali said...

Gosh 9 months! I remember your call :) So glad you are seeing the blessings.

Alden and Dorian said...

I remember! I remember! What a day that WAS and oh yes, they look so different now!!!!!!! Your precious sons...how we love them!

Kim said...

i think you did can't remember, they are so precious like mom and others said. know they both have brought of joy in your lifes.
love the pictures and thanks for sharing them.

Katy said...

How fun to look back and remember. I still see the sparkle in Lincoln in that.pic. Levi is the one that looks.so different to me. he is just so full of life and.peaceful and content looking now. With life behind thise eyes. Oh God is.so good.

Unknown said...

I remember these pictures and your sweet children all showing them to me before you could even reach for your copy:)