Friday, July 22, 2011

3 years ago...

today i had my last baby.

got to the hospital around 7:30 am.
he was born a little before 10 am.

i was SO relieved to have him out of my body!
and in our family!!!
all of a sudden, he's not the "baby" anymore...but he's still my baby in a way. i wonder if he always will be??  i still can't resist getting on my knees by his bed every night and smelling his neck. i LOVE his smell.

we are ignoring his birthday today - because we're celebrating it tomorrow as a family. and next weekend with extended family. and i don't have the energy to do it 3 times :-) but...today IS the day he is 3 years old!!!

{i also LOVE his eyes...and cheeks...and voice...}

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

happy birthday sawyer!!!!!

Katy said...

I can't believe he is three! Happy bday sweet sawyer!

Alden and Dorian said...

Oh yes, happy happy birthday sweet Sawyer. We love you SO much! Let the celebration begin!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday to Sawyer! I'm so glad there is another mother that likes to smell her son's neck - ha! I love it too :-)

Hannah said...

Ahhh, happy birthday Sawyer!!!! I hope the celebration is amazing and lively as always:) I'm going to miss it and celebrating sweet Sawyer!

That picture of you in the hospital when he was born is kind of crazy to see for some reason...what a crazy and amazing last 3 years of your life! And what a difference in what your life looks like:) phew.