Monday, April 4, 2011

WE GOT OUR APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!
can you believe you just read that?!?

i can't believe i just typed it!!!


we've been waiting for this moment since may 27, 2010! when we submitted our paperwork to rwanda.

10 months of waiting.

did i do it well? that is up for debate. but, WE DID IT. we walked through it and we made it!!!

so...THE STORY!

i got up early this morning to read before sawyer got up.
right before i went to get him, i hobbled downstairs and to check my email real quick - so i wouldn't be on the computer once he got up.
i checked my email...then checked my spam folder (i check it every few days...specifically knowing our approval could go there since it's coming from another country!) and i had an email from a person with a REALLY long last name and the subject line was something about "in response to your request to adopt". i just STARED at it for a couple minutes! COULD THIS BE IT?!? or is this some crazy spam email and i'm going to get a virus if i click on it??? i seriously couldn't figure it out! i finally clicked on it...and it was our APPROVAL!!!! at least, i was PRETTY sure. but not 100% convinced. so, i forwarded it to our agency and asked if it really was. but, this was at 6:30 am. they would not be getting back to me for a few hours. and pat is camping and out of cell phone coverage so i can't call him. oh, AND, this email had been sitting in my spam folder since FRIDAY!!! crazy! :-)

so, i got sawyer up and tried to pretend like it didn't happen.
i didn't know WHAT to do!
i was guarding my heart...
we played. i went to the gym. ran a couple errands. as i was driving, our agency called me and she said,
"CONGRATULATIONS!"

AHHH!!! YAY!!!
THEN, i was excited!
EXCEPT i couldn't tell ANYONE since i couldn't get in touch with pat!

so, i went on with my day and was just waiting for him to call...he FINALLY called at like 2 pm on his way home.

he was so excited!

and i could finally SHARE THE NEWS!!!


we had a celebration dinner in the porch...

and rode our bikes to get ice cream before everyone collapsed into bed...
TIRED, excited parents!
so...what's next, right??

we wait. again. :-)

but, there is an end in sight for SURE!
we will definitely be bringing our 2 boys home in the next few months.

the next step will be another email with a picture of each of our boys...our "referral".
we will accept the referral.
and then, shortly after, go GET them!

we could get our referral in as few as 3 weeks from now...or 2 months from now...we will see!!!

THANK YOU for your excitement and support!

38 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! I had to read the title of your post a couple times too! So excited for your family. Praise God!

Megan said...

I mean, I seriously have not words. But I will say that from the look in your eyes and that smile on your face in the photo with Pat, it looks as though the happiness and JOY have joined forces in your heart once again. SO EXCITED for you guys! And you must have been going crazy waiting for him to call you so that you could start screaming it to the world!

Beckysblog said...

uh! wow! seriously my heart started beating SO fast.
so happy for you guys!

Schulz Sightings said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Oh, I am just thrilled for you!!!!! Praise God! I was so frustrated for you guys and everyone else with no news for so long. Let's go!! I bet I saw and prayed for your boys (or one of them) at HOH a couple weeks ago. I am just so happy for you to walk the journey right after us.
love,
Emily

Christy said...

I am FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so very excited and happy and thankful with you Court! Randomly checked fb and saw that post from you and couldn't wait to read more details!!!!

WOW


absolutely an amazing day :)
LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Wow, so excited for you! I've lurked for a long time (like real long :) and prayed a bunch for you to hear something. Maybe we will be in country together!!!

Schleiden Family said...

So excited to hear this wonderful news! Praying for you guys! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

yipee! I am so thrilled for y'all and praising Jesus with you tonight! It's just gonna get better and better! So glad y'all are moving forward again! Yay!

jody said...

yah!! rejoicing with you!!

Laura said...

I have chills just thinking about this. What a HUGE day for your family!! I can't wait for you to see pictures of your boys. So happy for you!! Rejoice and enjoy each step along the way. God is in control and knows exactly which boys are your sons!!
Laura

Alden and Dorian said...

The long awaited day HAS ARRIVED!!!! We're SO rejoicing with you guys. We can't WAIT to see the picture of those 2 precious boys. We love you. Praising God for this amazing news.

Five Arrows Farm said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Amy said...

So excited for you, Courtney!! I cannot wait to see pictures of those faces and even better... see them with YOU!!

Mandy said...

congrats!! i'm so thrilled for you!!

Loraena Tuttle said...

Congratulations! Praying ours comes soon too!

Christa said...

Yeah!!! Hope those referrals come soon.

Holly said...

THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Kim Mattes said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!! can't wait to see pictures of your two boys!!

Liza said...

Wonderful news!!! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to read the rest of your adventure :)

Megan said...

AHHH. I can't believe it. So surreal! I am thrilled for you! I just can't believe it. YAYAYAY! I am so happy that the next step looks to be shorter! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Keri said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Soooooooooo excited for you! The wait is HARD but it's almost over! Can't wait to see pictures of those little boys!!!

scooping it up said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am so excited for you! What a thrill!

Vicki said...

That made my day! I just posted on my Facebook status, "Seems like a great day for an approval letter from Rwanda." At least someone got one! So happy for you. Can't believe you couldn't talk to your husband until 2pm.

Vicki #122

Tisha said...

Congratulations Cassadas!!!!! Soooooo excited for you!!

Catherine said...

So happy for your family! Praying for a super quick referral!

Catherine, #142

Kelly H. said...

I am crying as I read your post. I'm so excited for you all. I can't wait to meet your new boys!

Janet said...

YIPEE!!! Congratulations! When I read about your dream about running a marathon; I saw that as a metaphor for what you've been going through waiting for this wonderful blessed news! So happy for you guys! Those boys are SO loved!

JenDockery said...

I couldn't be more thrilled for you!! Congratulations!!

I hope you get a speedy referral.

My Chick Chat 247 said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you guys!

Michelle said...

Amazing news! I hope things continue to move quickly and you get to see a picture SOON!

mary said...

Rejoicing with you!

Cassie said...

YYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!
so happy for you.
soo soooo happy.

Stacey said...

EVERYTIME i think about you all my eyes well up with tears!! we really are going to have our boys home soon!!! love you!!!

jenn said...

HOORAY!!!!! :) So happy for your guys! God is GOOD! Can't wait for what's next...

:) :) :)

LOVE YOU!!!!

Jennifer said...

Yippeeee!!! Woohoo!!! Hurrah!!!!

No other words... just feeling the joy with you. Can't wait to see pics and even meet them in person!

Jennifer

Rutledge 7 said...

so excited for you guys!!!!

Grace said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! THRILLED for you, courtney!!! this is amazing news and i am so excited for you and your family!