Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FUN!

i have had such a sense of urgency this week to get ready to bring our 2 boys home.
maybe it was making the lists for our travel last week.
maybe it's just that it COULD happen any day.
maybe it's that i've finally allowed myself to "go there."

i don't know.
but those ahead of me keep telling me, "do everything you can do NOW. don't wait."
so, i am.
i'm making lists and checking them off.
and the lists just seem to be getting longer...not shorter.

but it's SO fun and exciting!

this is it!

i'm never going to make a list for what to bring to pick up our 2 sons from rwanda again.
we're never going to have 5 suitcases lined up in our study waiting to be packed to go pick up our 2 sons in rwanda again.

i have moments where it all gets overwhelming and the lists take over my brain...but then i'm reminded of THEM. of what it's all for. and i stop and i thank Him for this gift He's given us....to be able to do this. it's so very sweet. i don't want to rush any of it. i want to take it all in as we go.

the encouragement from those around me is precious. the excitement from others keeps me going.

i find that every few hours i'm so wound up and i need to do something to let the stress out...tonight it was walking to get $.31 ice cream cones from baskin robbins!!! so fun!!! it was sunny when we left...but started pouring while we were eating our ice cream. so...i told the kids, "we have to take showers and baths when we get home anyways...just have FUN!" and they did!

we took this when we walked in the door.
kids are so fun :-)

embracing the camera with ME in it!!!

16 comments:

Andrea said...

That picture has FUN written all over it. LOVE IT!

Five Arrows Farm said...

I LOVE that picture! I'm convinced that my kids treasure my random craziness (I'm type-A) more than anything else~ :)

Tisha said...

Oh I LOVE that picture!!
If we lived closer to a BR, we would have gone for icecream too...

Alden and Dorian said...

Ahhhh, what GREAT fun you all had. I love how you just went with it Courtney ~ and hearts full of joy abounded. Loved your whole post really ~ it is here!!!! Not just the "task" anymore.....but 2 precious boys...with faces...with eyes that will soon be looking into your eyes. Oh my!!!!!

Mandy said...

yes, i'm going to say it again. i LOVE that picture :)

Holly said...

and...you're just a cool mom. the end.

Kim Mattes said...

Love that picture and your smile! Praying for you guys!

Courtney said...

I love everything about this post. So glad for the fun you're having and for the excitement that must be swelling in your heart. Hooray for fun!

Margaret said...

Such a fun memory captured! I love it.

Laura said...

I love it! What a fun mom you are. :)

katrina adams said...

now that is fun! excited for you and your coming additions to your family.

Amber said...

super fun!!!

Sarah said...

First time I clicked on your blog. So excited for you! Great picture!

sarah said...

congrats on you bringing your boys home! you are giving such a gift!!

Leighann said...

I love this post!

Leah said...

I just came across your blog on the Anderson Crew link party. I admire your sense of fun with your kids, those are the memories they will hold dear forever! What a darling family you have!

http://lifelovesleah.blogspot.com