Thursday, September 16, 2010

not much to say

suffering from awful fall allergies.
to the point where rebekah wrote "go away fall. and fall alergies" on our chalkboard :-)

i never take medicine.
but pat talked me into taking claritin-d yesterday evening because i was so miserable.

i was awake ALL NIGHT.
laying there as if i had drunk 6 diet cokes right before i went to bed.
and my nose was running like a fountain.
i finally got up at 3:30 am and cleaned the basement for 2 hours.
then went and ran 4.5 miles.

then struggled through the morning.
bailey and sawyer were awesome.
came home from a walk to a bag full of vitamins and money to buy more waiting for me.
and a sweet friend took me {and sawyer} to lunch...even though i'm sure i could barely carry on a coherant conversation.
and another sweet friend left me a message on my phone...encouraged my heart.

slept for 1 1/2 hours while sawyer napped and the other 3 were at school.

ready to head into homework and dinner and soccer practice and back to school night.

read this this morning {and just realized that in my "awake all night" state as i was reading, that i read AUGUST 16 and not SEPT 16 devotion :-) He knew what I needed...wow!}:

"I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me, I renew your strength and saturate you with Peace...Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes."
Sarah Young

in the midst of a hard day, i have felt His peace and strength in stronger and more tangible ways than i do on any "easy day."

i'll be glad when this day is over...but yet i'm thankful in the midst...for how He loves and carries me through.

{maybe i did have a lot to say... :-)}

3 comments:

Janet said...

the bug is making its way through our home too :( such an inspiring verse - what's the name of your book (with dates)? sounds neat.

Ali said...

praying for rest tonight.

Tammy said...

thank you for that quote... i needed it TODAY