Thursday, July 1, 2010

our room

our room.
it did NOT need to be "re-done" but i talked pat into letting me spend a minimal amount of money to make it feel fresh.
we had the same bedding/sheets from when we got married.
i knew if i didn't get it in now...the topic probably wouldn't be revisited for a LONG time!

the before:

everytime i would look through a pottery barn catalog (why do i do that?)
i would tear this page out.
i must have had 6 copies of the same picture.
i just love the freshness of it.
so...this was my inspiration.

the after:

same bed.
same paint.
you've GOT to love the Cowboys jersey on the wall :-)
it was either there or our family room...
curtains from ikea...LOVE them.
same curtain rods - just took the fabric off (there weren't even curtains up there...literally a piece of white fabric draped over the curtain rod) and put the panels on!

the bedding was from target - another bed in a bag!
i FINALLY have a bedskirt!
i did get the blanket from pottery barn.
and i LOVE it.

made a little pillow to remind me...to LAUGH!


lamps were an ugly color from walmart for $5 - i spray painted them.
and i still have my huge pile of books.
i love them almost as much as the blanket :-)

i love our space.
it feels fresh and new and makes me happy.
which is good!

9 comments:

Christy said...

I LOVE THAT BEDDING!!!!

You did an awesome job!
So funny cause I'm trying to do our room, and bought a duvet cover at anthro today but I'm gonna take it back and look for your bed set at Target!! Its perfect!!

Great job girl!! :)
xoxoxo

jenn said...

i LOVE the bedding! Seriously - it's gorgeous!! :)

jenn said...

ps - where did that window go??? :)

Amy said...

Love it! (and I wondered the same thing about the window!) :)

Beckysblog said...

I love these before and after posts!
And your bedding is wonderful...it looks so crisp, clean and comfy!

And yes, the window?

Leighann said...

You had me at the bedding. Target, here I come! I seriously have bedding envy right now and envy is a sin. Egads! I have the perfect curtains to go with it.

Megan said...

So weird...I thought about your master bedroom the other day and wondered if you had ever let yourself buy a new comforter set. I am SO GLAD you did. It looks great! And it will always match, even if you paint the walls another color someday. I like the candle holders over the bed too!

Michelle said...

Love all the beautiful work, we are moving kids around rooms as we speak, I hope they come out as beautiful as all of your rooms. Great Job Courtney.

Kate and Geoff said...

love it. and have known (and loved) that very page in the PB Catalog myself for many moons now. yay for a fresh new retreat for you!