Wednesday, June 9, 2010

a servant brought us a piano last night

"Serve wholeheartedly as if you were serving the Lord, not people,"
Ephesians 6:7

i drove up to my house after swim team...then a baseball game...then soccer practice to my dad backing his car and trailer up into our driveway to bring us a piano.

and this was not his piano that he was trying to pass on.
no, it was a piano that i had bought from craig's list and he volunteered his evening to go pick it up for us and bring it to our house.

a few weeks ago, as i was thinking ahead to the summer and what our days would/should look like, i decided that our kids needed to start learning how to play the piano.
i can play.
and i can teach them (at least at first).
but we didn't have a piano.

so, pat and i discussed it and decided to try to find a cheap one on craig's list.
i've looked and looked.
and we finally found one that we liked and that we could get to our house.

my dad made it happen and we are so thankful.

my dad is a servant.
he just is.
through and through.
{he's also one of the most humble and generous people i know.}
he lives his life serving others and it is an honor to be the one he served last night.
it is also humbling to realize how far i have to go to truly serve the way he does.

anyways,
i love my dad.
he's the best.
and our house is louder now :-)

6 comments:

Peyton said...

that's so great! I have been sort of teaching caroline (I play too) let me know if you find some good books etc. for teaching. can't wait to hear them play!

Holly said...

us too...something I want to start looking for as well!

and my dad is the exact same, wish he was closer.

Kim Mattes said...

i am teaching the big girls this summer too. we have a keyboard for right now and that works for us for now. i like that it has volume control on it. :-) thinking of you with your crazy schedule. you are an awesome mom!!

Leighann said...

yeah! i'm so glad you got the piano. it looks nice.

jenn said...

super jeals. i want a piano so bad!

and yes. your dad is one-of-a-kind! give him a hug for me the next time you see him :)

Katy said...

hooray! i'm so excited for you! my boys have done so great - it's really shocked me actually. i've loved the faber books - is that what you started them with? lots of fun music ahead for you! :)