Friday, June 11, 2010

rest


"Rest in Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My child! Remembrance of me is a daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day."

Sarah Young

i have so much to learn about "resting"
i think sometimes i take some sort of pride in not being able to rest.
but it's not good.
if i can't rest, i can't grow.
i truly think growth happens during times of rest
{not ALL growth...but some}
and i need to rest more
i'm working on it :-)

4 comments:

jenn said...

thanks - i needed to read that tonight :)

jenn said...

oh, and ps...that photo is precious :)

Megan said...

Thanks, I needed this quote today.

Christy said...

That picture is amazing!....

Missed you friend! Love catching up on what's going on!!

ohhhh rest----such a tough one to truly rest, mind body and soul----LOVE hearing your thoughts...

xoxoxo!!