Saturday, May 15, 2010

the weekend so far in sentence fragments.

friday night.
girls craft club.
bridget started it a year or so ago.
moms and our {older} girls.
crafting together :-)



bridget had them listen to psalm 139 being read.
reminding them they are "fearfully and wonderfully made!"

then we made shirts!

everyone had a ball!
{sawyer was in bed. pat and the middle 2 were at "movie night" at the elementary school!}

saturday morning.
ran 12 miles.
the WORST run of my life.
so so hard.
barely made it to my front step.
sat on it and SOBBED.
maybe because of the awful run.
maybe because i just needed to sob.
30 seconds later i hopped up to get ready to get rebekah to her soccer game.
us moms only have so long to process our emotions, right?? :-)



pat and joshua were at baseball while the rest of us were at soccer.
mowed the grass.
ate lunch.
went to home depot and bought flowers.
cutest thing EVER: sawyer and bailey riding on the flatbed with the flowers.
no picture - it's in my mind! :-)

tried to take a little nap.
no luck.
i KNOW something's up in my head if i can't take a nap...no time to figure that out though.

planted flowers.
cleaned up outside and inside.

got kitchen ready for party this evening.

next up:
baths for kids.
showers for adults.
headed to a party.
then hosting a dessert party for DEAR friends that are moving away.

tomorrow:
figure out what's up in my mind.
talk to pat for more than 30 seconds.
worship.
re-connect as a family.
hopefully take a real nap!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I hope you got your nap :)

We have four kids too, and are going for one more in Ethiopia. I'd of gotten two but my husband wouldn't let me!!

Katy said...

i love the idea of the girls craft club - except i'd have to bring my daughter and ask for a surrogate mom to help her since i'm such a loser with crafts! :)