Friday, April 9, 2010

being spoiled

my birthday is tomorrow!

when i was growing up birthdays were a BIG deal!
we were made to feel so so special.

my parents still come through in a big way...even though i'm turning 33 years old!

when i saw my mom this wednesday, she showed up with a whole birthday celebration!
presents, flowers, a whole cake!
it was so fun!!!



and then, today, the doorbell rang.
and it was flowers being delivered from my sweet dad!
LOVE him!

my birthday hasn't even started and i already feel so spoiled and loved!

and, just because he's cute...if ANY chair at the table is pulled out even a little bit, he climbs up on the table and dumps out all the salt. isn't that fun?!? :-)

can't wait to start my birthday with a 12 mile run!!!
whoo-hooo!!!

11 comments:

beckley said...

and a hug.

here: hug.

happy birthday to you!

Julie said...

happy birthday sweet friend and lots of love to you today. Enjoy. What a wonderful family you have!!!

Courtney said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!
(mine is Tuesday!)
Hope you feel loved & celebrated today & always!

Heather said...

Good Morning Courtney- I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope you have a special day!! Love You, Heather

anthonyandbeth said...

Happy Birthday Courtney!

Tisha said...

Happy birthday Courtney!! Have a fantastic day!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, friend! I forgot that our birthdays were so close! Same anniversary... birthdays 5 days apart... so fun! I got flowers from my dad, too! Have a wonderful day!! Now if you could just pass along some of your exercise motivation. I really need some!! :)

Catherine said...

happy birthday Courtney!

Kim said...

hope you day going good and making alot of money on yard sale.
happy birthday again.
Happy bithday to you . love you courtney
Mom and dads are greatest dod good as always.

Alden and Dorian said...

Oh yes, my dear daughter, you ARE to be spoiled on your b'day! Birthdays are STILL a BIG DEAL and your dad and I love you so very much! Enjoy your day!

Katy said...

the flowers your dad sent reminded me of your bouquets that we carried at your wedding! :)