Friday, March 12, 2010

from my triathlon blog

just had to share my post from my triathlon blog today.
because it was cute...

"swam almost 1 1/2 miles

ran out of time because i had the cutest conversation with my 75 year old friend.
heard about his children (6 of them) and grandchildren and the cottage "up north" they are about to head to.
and his wood burning stove.
and the new gazebo they have for this summer...the Amish built it.

and did you know he eats 1 cookie a day?
1/2 of the cookie after lunch
and 1/2 after dinner :-)"

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

My life secret is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE little old men.

Ali said...

if only we could all have that kind of restraint with cookies :) how in the world did that come up in the conversation?

Alden and Dorian said...

Ahhhhh Courtney ~ I love that. You sacrificed your time to listen to this dear man. You made his day and mine just hearing about it. I LOVE Sawyer's video as well. Adorable.

Jill Bruno said...

Just wanted to say Hi and that I was so excited to find your blog!! Not only am I adopting from Rwanda too, but also do Triathlons!! Good job on the run!! It inspires me. I'm hoping to start running next week when we head to Hawaii on a long vacation. I live in AK and it is not fun running outside right now, but I have been skiing this winter, hoping that will help with the running. Anyway I just wanted to let you know I'm a new follower.

Katy said...

seriously? has the self-control to eat HALF a cookie and then the other half later? that's amazing! and i had forgotten about the special triathalon blog...have to go check it out.