Friday, September 25, 2009

some randomness

in no particular order...

::that darn "1-click amazon" thing got me GOOD...books on Rwanda...how to teach your children about their bodies/s*x {how can i be getting to the point where i need to start reading about that?!?...adoption books...adds up fast! but, like i was telling pat last night, i don't buy clothes or stuff for the house hardly ever. i just have a weakness for books {and diet coke and ice cream}. it could be a lot worse, right??

::i am floored by all your amazing, encouraging, supportive and intriguing comments/emails in response to our "annoucement" to adopt. seriously. my heart is encouraged beyond belief today that the God of the universe would use me in any small way in His great plan. i'm humbled. and grateful. thank you for your honesty and encouragement.

::the conversation in the car yesterday afternoon on the way to grocery shop was, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Rebekah: teacher
Joshua: doctor {!} that's a new one!
Bailey: princess {to which Joshua promptly informed her "isn't real" and a high-intensity argument ensued...don't mess with Bailey's princesses!}

::i put shoes on sawyer for the first time {is that possible?!?} the other day. how cute is that??



::sorry for those of you that have "readers"...i copied the posts from the "adoption blog" to this blog and they are showing up in the reader. sorry about that!

::on the topic of the adoption blog. on second thought, i think i might keep it up. but i will post here and just copy it there. it would be cool to make a "blog book" of just the adoption journey - THEIR STORY!

::joshua got quite the exciting package yesterday! my aunt and uncle sent him and pat tickets to the redskins/cowboys football game! it's at the end of December. we {duh} are huge Cowboys fans. and my aunt and uncle are HUGE Redskins fans {we do live in "Redskin" territory}. they have season tickets and were kind enough to ask Pat and Joshua to go with them to that game! SO generous and thoughtful!!!

"look! my NAME!"

"um...mom...it's about the redskins?!?" {kind of worried...knows this isn't going to fly in our house :-)}

i explain that it's the redskins vs the cowboys...

happy boy!!! :-)


::and, confession...i definitely gave my kids an ice cream cone for their "afternoon snack" just so i could eat a spoonful {or 3} of ice cream :-)

::and it's the WEEKEND! the weather was nasty here this week...super hot and humid. but some rain brought the perfect weather in this afternoon. and it was a long week...in lots of ways. i'm looking forward to a weekend with my family. hope to catch some good time with my husband. can't wait for my long run tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

Kim Mattes said...

love the pic of sawyer's shoes. something about those tiny shoes - they are soooo cute. but their bare toes are cuter! will sawyer keep is shoes on? i haven't put any on karley yet because i can't imagine that she will keep them on and i will just be losing them. i should not have bought velco ones. but for now we are enjoying our still warm days (knowing that she will HAVE to wear shoes soon enough)and going barefoot! happy weekend!

Renee said...

So fun for Joshua about the game. We live in major Cowboys territory and are NOT Cowboys fans so we know how you feel. :-) (we're from New Orleans so are big Saints fans).

Also, a suggestion about the books...you may have already thought about this anyway. I have found a ton at the library. There are definitely some books that I haven't liked and so now any books I'm thinking about buying I'm checking out first to make sure I really want it. We're also getting lots of god kids books on adoption (both for our kids and for our adopted child) but I have a feeling eventually I'll be buying quite a few of them. :-) If you find any books that you really really like, please let me know. I'm always looking for good ones!

The Faircloth Five said...

That shoe picture is way too cute!!! Oh my, those fat ankles are precious.

Peyton said...

THOSE ARE THE CUTEST SHOES EVER! He is such a peanut, I love him.
Enjoy your weekend!
Ps. Hopefully on my to do list for this weekend is have a baby. I am OVER IT.

Beckysblog said...

Sawyer in that little soccer uniform is more than I can stand!!! So cute!

Katy said...

hilarious. all of it - love the randomness. sounds like me. i can't believe pat and joshua will get to go to the big game in december - how fun will THAT be! i thought of you when i was running past a steelers flag this week and remember how fun it was when your cowboys flag got kidnapped last year! :)