Monday, June 29, 2009

it took 4 kids

for the list to never go away.

every time i was pregnant...and towards the end of my pregnancy...i would prepare as if my life was going to END.
as if i was NEVER going to be able to leave the house again.
or NEVER cook again.
or NEVER clean again.

but that was not the case.
there was adjustment, sure.
but i always got back to being in "control"...crossing all my tasks and chores and projects off the list.
i specifically remember sitting in our living room when joshua was about 6 months old.
both kids were taking naps.
and i literally COULD NOT think of something that needed to be done.
EVERYTHING was clean.
all my "extra" projects were done.
and i just sat there and read and felt so...luxurious.
{maybe explains why joshua and bailey are closer together than any of the others :-)}

well, i've met my match.
4 kids has done it.
{for me...everyone probably has their own number}
i have YET to have a day where EVERYTHING is done...INCLUDING extra projects {you know the ones...that baby gift you need to finish painting...the storage room that looks like it exploded on itself that needs to be cleaned out...}
and that's ok.
i'm fine with it.
it doesn't stress me out {most days}.
but i'm just saying.

it took 4 kids
for the list to never go away.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate ... I have 4 too. I finally "accepted" the best advice I could have ever been given ... "If you want to see me, stop by anytime, if you want to see my house, call & make an appointment." I now have a sign that hangs as soon as you walk in "Please excuse the noise and mess, the kids are making happy memories."

beckley said...

imagine 5.

:)
kidding.

you wear it so well, my friend. you manage to accomplish so much and still wear it so well. you do good, my friend. cross that off your list :)

Beckysblog said...

Yes, I am there.
And I just realized how neurotic it has made me.
And yet, I think I might want 5! I need my head examined.

Renee said...

I'm the oldest of six. My mom said that 4 was really the most she could handle on her own. Number five and six sent her over the top. :-) She said that once you get to 5 you really need some sort of help (maid or cook, etc...). It was really hard for her not having any help. So I'm sure you're not alone with 4 kids being what "it took" :-)

Katy said...

it's the extra projects that do you in. the things you have on your back burner for when you have "extra" time - that extra time just never comes!!! Who am I kidding - sometimes just the REGULAR stuff doesn't always get done. that's okay. kids and husband are fed, clean, healthy, and LOVED ON!!!

Megan said...

Hmmmm....is it possible my breaking point is two? I haven't seen an empty list in my head in forever. How old is Garrett? Hmm...in at least 21 months! I just thought it was life...do you mean it is possible to have an empty list??

Leighann said...

It took me three. :)