Tuesday, September 23, 2008

picnic dinner

daddy was going to be home extra late tonight, so a picnic dinner to the barn got us through "those" evening hours...

"let's see...what can we do with this stick?"

they tried doing some sort of jump rope...
and then just ended up lifting it up and dropping it over and over and over.

i don't know.
bailey and i just watched (and sawyer sat very cutely in the stroller...)

our picnic dinner
no comments please...cheese and crackers, apples, the last of the summer capri-suns, and stale marshmallows for dessert.
i threw it all in a bag in a matter of about 30 seconds.
the kids are fed. maybe not well. but they are fed. and smiling. that's good enough for me tonight.


they are all in bed. semi-quiet.

i forgot to eat dinner.
but i think i'll just skip it and go straight to ice cream.

and then start on my list...goodnight

2 comments:

Julie said...

love the picnic idea and I bet the kids did too! I think you had a great meal for them! I am sure they were happy!

Katy said...

I think the picnic sounds perfect (except the stale marshmallows part...but my kids love 'em too!!) Glad you were able to find some way to get through "those" hours! : Love the picture of you and Bailey!