Thursday, February 9, 2017

remember

we are a FORGETFUL people. in the Bible, especially in the Old Testament, God shows us times when He encourages His people to do PHYSICAL, tangible things to REMEMBER the things He's done for them (have a feast on this day every year, put stones here so that you see them, etc.)

January 23, 2017, God broke my heart and softened it in ways I've prayed for for YEARS. I was willing, but not obedient (Isaiah 1:19). I wanted to do something to remember. for those moments when I wasn't sure, or failed, or forgot.

So I re-arranged Lincoln and Levi's room. Mostly just unbunked their beds. and cleaned some stuff out. and prayed a lot while I was doing it. It was an act of love (they love stuff like this!) and it was an act of staking my claim on the promises that God makes.

5 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Okay, so this just reached the core of my heart, knowing this is a BIG thing in your heart. God is so good. I know the boys are enjoying this new look. So grown up! It also reminds of Rebekah and Joshua's room in the townhouse. Just yesterday right?

Only God can change hearts. And aren't we so thankful He does.

Love you dear Courtney.

Mandy said...

i couldn't love this more. physical reminders of what he's done and what we're counting on him to do. so fantastic.

Rosanna said...

I miss your blog posts. This blog introduced me to international adoption, and both the joys and struggles involved. But I totally understand that life gets busy! Hope things are going well for your family.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Michelle Roy said...

Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.

Skip Hire Near Me
Mini Skip Hire
Midi Skip Hire
Builders Skip Hire
Maxi Skip hire
RORO Skip Hire
2 Yard Skip
4 Yard Skip
6 Yard Skip
8 Yard Skip