Monday, June 20, 2016

our days with sweet Corey are over

we got to watch this sweet girl go from a teeny little baby, to a crawling eating little girl FULL of personality!

she always wanted to be RIGHT where I was. which definitely had it's frustrations...but it's also nice to be so loved, right ;-)
 my gym was AWESOME and let me bring her. they fell in love with her, too!
 I got to transition her to baby food....
 she got to come with me to pick up the kids from school every day (the whole school...ESPECIALLY the 5th grade girls loved her and always wanted to see what she was wearing!)
she even got to go to all the school events with me - graduation, science fair, awards ceremonies, parties, even disciplinary meetings with the principal - ha! she is a TROOPER!
and our days with her have ended. I committed to watching her through the end of the school year, but knew that I couldn't give my kids the attention I wanted to and still watch her fulltime. it was HARD to say goodbye. but it's the right thing for my family. they sacrificed me a LOT the past few months. and i'm excited to be fully engaged with them again.

it was SUCH an honor and privilege for me to be able to do this for my friend...to be a "mom" to her little girl when she had to be at work. i'm so thankful she allowed me to do it. and I will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart for sweet Corey!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Courtney, you were and will always be a huge blessing to Corey and her family!!