Friday, April 22, 2016

the only One i can trust





my heart is so fickle, if I could trade in for a better version, I would.

we've been memorizing a verse from Jeremiah this week:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick. Who can understand it?"
Jeremiah 17:9

it's so true.

I've committed this year to try to heal my body and mind with how I look at feeding my body. and it's hard. and tedious. and I want to quit. I was SO close to quitting earlier this week. it would be easier to go back to the ways I've known...unhealthy ways...but then He shows me how the work I've done has already healed my mind AND body in REAL ways. my heart is deceitful. but HE is trustworthy.

I doubt Pat's love for me. even though I just got a text from him telling me he loves me (and I usually NEVER hear from him during the day.) my heart is deceitful. but HE is trustworthy.

I doubt that He will provide for us. when, just this morning, I went and bought a couple hundred dollars worth of food for our family for the next week. and I even bought cookies that we don't NEED. my heart is deceitful. but HE is trustworthy.

the Bible is FULL of stories that show this...that show OUR doubt and even disobedience, followed by HIS faithfulness and forgiveness.

I know I will doubt again. probably even in a few minutes. but my heart and all it's fickle ways can never change His un-ending love and faithfulness and provision for me. and you. He is WORTH trusting.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing so honestly