Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"love you forever" mom


usually sawyer wakes up when joshua does in the morning. and once i see him moving around, i go in and get his clothes out for school. but this morning he was sleeping HARD. without thinking, i climbed right up the ladder and into the top bunk where he was sleeping. and kissed his warm, sweet cheeks. he started stirring (i'd like to think it was because of all the love he could feel, but it was most likely from the SMELL he could smell after me running 6 miles in the rain :/). right then, i thought of that book, "Love You Forever". you know the one? well, i think it's totally creepy and weird. and at just that moment, i thought, "i'm pretty much just like that creepy 'love you forever' mom right now." and i started giggling. so. sawyer had a very confused look on his face as he woke up. you know, between the SMELL and the giggling creepy mom in his bed and all.


it was an early morning. took me HOURS to fall asleep. and i was up way too early. finally got up at 4:30 and just started my day. i knew that would happen. it's all good.
left notes for the kids on their beds.
was backing out of my driveway late this morning and my MOM was pulling up!! she just came to give me a HUG! what a NEEDED hug! ahhh...aren't moms the BEST?!?
went up to eat lunch with sawyer. my heart is having a hard time leaving him. 
AND i'm hoping to get lincoln in the school cafeteria on a regular basis...partly to test if he's ready for that setting again..and partly to help GET him ready for that setting. 1st grade boys are hysterical.
last minute packing. not the fun kind. but necessary! here we go!!! picking the kids up from school. giving them hugs. and off to the airport!

2 comments:

Five Arrows Farm said...

I seriously laughed out loud at the "I'll love you forever" part of this post because *I* think that book is totally creepy too (but I also find myself *in* that book...but definitely not on purpose). haha

Have a GREAT trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

{Like how I comment on your blog like we're fast friends even though I only feel like we are because I get such a front row seat to your sweet family through this space of yours that you're willing to share? ...again, creepy. But not. I promise. :) haha}

Karey

Courtney said...

this post made me laugh so hard, & then I got a little teary eyed. you are covered in prayers.