Friday, September 26, 2014

around here

i'm still trying to get to a place where this new school routine (i.e. i NEVER leave my house or see anyone other than my kids all.day.long) is normal. and ok with me.

so ALL these pictures are IN my house. {actually one is not! but we'll get there.}

joshua is all about CARD TRICKS. all day. every day. "hey mom. can i do a card trick to you?" yes. absolutely! what is this? card trick #4723?? :)

fruit flies are out of control. a friend posted this trick to kill them on instagram. i had it working within minutes. apple cider vinegar. saran wrap over top of the cup. hold it on with a hair tie. poke a smallish hole in the top of the saran wrap. they will fly down in there and drown their little pesky selves.
this is it! i got OUT! had an hour after dropping rebekah off and needing to pick her up. but it wasn't worth going home. so i went around the corner to panera. got a tea. it's super sad how excited i was for this time. and i seriously have book issues. i brought ALL of these in case i might have time to read and i wouldn't know WHICH ONE i'd feel like reading. but my first goal was making a menu and grocery list. not just for next week. but for next week (half of which we'll be in haiti and my in-laws will be at my house). PLUS the following week (half of which we'll be in haiti and my in-laws will be at my house.) PLUS a weekend later in october when we're going camping and i'm planning the meals and want to do some trial runs before we go. so. i never got to the books :( but i DID get all those lists made!
levi was eating an apple for lunch. he almost ate a seed. i joked with him, "don't eat a seed! an apple tree will grow in your belly!" lincoln pipes up, "no it won't. it needs food, water and light to grow." ha! (we just learned that together!) teaching these 2 AND being their mom has it's challenges, but it's pretty sweet, too!
what did we do before phones that we could check to see if we had our lunch in our teeth while walking up to school pickup??
i'm trying to say YES more than NO (or "later" or "in a minute"). she asked me to do this to her hair. i said, YES.
i can't get to the gym like i used to in the mornings because we're doing school together. so they are my weights.

we have NO MORE TRAINING WHEELS! whoo-hoo!!
my hair was looking ROUGH. i have tons of gray (have for YEARS) that i usually dye with a $7 box of hair color from walmart. between all the sun and chlorine and cheap hair color from this past summer, it was looking NOT very natural and all kinds of weird colors.

before:
so i got it colored by a person in a shop for the first time in my LIFE. {a barber shop...but she's really good! and still somewhat cheaper than any salon around here}. i like it a lot better. but will be going back to the $7 box when those grays come back in...maybe once a year i'll get it "fixed"?? who knows.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

gracious, i LOVE that you took all four of those books in Panera with you.

Leighann said...

How did I get so behind on the blog?! I love your stack of books. I do the same thing!! Can't just take one… what if I'm the mood for the other? Love you, lady.