Thursday, August 7, 2014

life

life is good. and hard.
the days fly by. and are long.
my kids are amazing. and frustrating.
He is showing me new things. and He is quiet.
i am encouraged. i am discouraged.
His mercies are new every morning. my sin follows me day after day.
days are sweet. days are painful.
i adore being a mom to these kids. i am overwhelmed by mothering kids in such different stages.
each moment is a gift. each moment stretches me.
i am hopeful. i am tired.
we are having a blast. we are doing the mundane.
God is good. all the time.

we're living life wide open around here. and the few moments in between are filled with chores and schoolwork and time spent talking to each other, face to face. it's been a good, good summer and the end is coming too quickly. i miss this space. and i'm way behind. but the life, the people, the experiences in front of my face are too precious to miss. 

i pray you are doing well. that He is teaching you new things. that you are feeling His love and grace every day. because it's there, friend. for YOU.

3 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

So true.....such a GREAT post Courtney. I'm sure many of us relate to it. Thanks for putting it into words like you always do so well. So very thankful your summer has been good ~ really good. It's still....summer! :)

Ali said...

well said!

Megan said...

Beautiful and perfect. And did you write it for me? Thanks!