Wednesday, April 16, 2014

lent :: ponder

Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain,
to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.  Compassion challenges
us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep
with those in tears.  Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable
with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.  Compassion means full 
immersion in the condition of being human.   
 
-Henri Nouwen
 
i so want to do this with my life. with my heart. 
but every day i choose my own desires and my selfishness wins out. 
 
yet. every day i will continue to ask Him to change me, to change my heart and to help me have compassion with those in my home and every person my life touches. i will not stop seeking and asking and pressing on.