Friday, February 22, 2013

lent :: ponder


 "I know who goes before me, 
I know who stands behind.
The God of angel armies is always by my side.
The One who reigns forever, 
He is a friend of mine.
The God of angel armies is always by my side."
{Chris Tomlin}
performed by Reston Bible Church worship team

ok. first. i admit that the first time they sung this in church a couple weeks ago, it took me almost the WHOLE song to figure out what in the world was being sung? they performed it, instead of us singing with them (so the words weren't up on the screen for us) and i could NOT figure out what He was the God of :-) i figured it out on the last chorus..."The God of angel armies". i think that is a pretty awesome way to refer to Him. 

i also think we are BEYOND blessed to have this team to lead us in worship every Sunday. their heart to truly LEAD us into worshiping our Lord is so strong and evident and is growing our entire church body in that area. that is EXCITING!!

anyways. i've been overwhelmed today with Him. 3 times. 3 distinct times in the last 12 or so hours, He has granted a desire of my heart. and EACH of those things weren't even something i had prayed for. ever. i just desired them. but thought them so far beyond reach, that i didn't even pray for them. and they have landed in my lap...gifts (to my heart. not physical things)..."yes's"...i am overwhelmed by His love and goodness.

i pray you feel His LAVISH love on you this day. He desires to lavish you, do you know that?? 
oh, how He loves you.


2 comments:

Laura said...

I love when He gives us those gifts especially when we haven't even asked for them!!

Leighann said...

Couldn't help but think of "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Ps. 37.4)