Sunday, November 25, 2012

thanksgiving day 2012

our day started out with some running!!

i ran with friends EARLY. then got home, showered and headed out for rebekah and joshua's 5k!

i love how much he smiles. he is such a great kid! he did GREAT! finished in about 25 minutes
rebekah ran into a friend to run with. she finished in about 29 minutes.
we saw LOTS of people we knew running! it was so fun!!
when we left the house to cheer them on, we left the turkey cooking in the oven. we taped him in there so he wouldn't hop out :-)

my parents and brother, steve, arrived late morning and we spent a wonderful day together.
{most of these pictures are from my mom. i didn't take many at all...}






we had a *little* surprise in our day. shortly after my parents arrived, my mom discovered that bailey had lice. my mom works at a school and is practically a lice expert. she helped me NOT freak out (i have issues with things "like this".) and she spent HOURS that afternoon helping me pick out those stupid nits. bailey was a trooper. pat and i have spent HOURS the rest of the weekend...picking...picking..and i think we are good! we'll keep checking her. but i'm SO glad my mom figured it out, and that we did have the time to deal with it! it wasn't fun. but i suppose it's just one of those things you have to experience??

my mom checked rebekah and i...and we are clear! it's pretty amazing!
we took a break from nit-picking (ha!) to play a game of football.

i just LOVE seeing joshua's faces in these pictures! notice my dad and joshua's jerseys. the cowboys and redskins played later that afternoon. we won't talk about who won...

serious stuff, huh?
this man is my ROCK!  i do not deserve him, but i sure am thankful for him!



we had leftovers for dinner. played a new game. talked and laughed late into the night. it was a great day!

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

I cannot even tell you what I felt when I read 'lice'.
Im so scarred.

:)

Ali said...

UGH! Courtney! Really... as if you didn't have enough going on. So glad they didn't spread everywhere. And you had some help picking.
Small crowd this year! Bittersweet without the newly weds ;)