Wednesday, August 1, 2012

on the other side of the pain

"When we've got our lives in our gripped hands and we consider handing them over, most of us get that feeling - fear mixed with adrenaline mixed with nausea. It feels as though we might die if we jump. But when I prayed anything, what I feared would bind me set me free. It stung like death, and it still feels like death, but that feeling is the key turning in the lock. On the other side of the pain is freedom, peace, joy, hope, the loss of control, and it is how I was made to live.

We press through the doubts and the fears and we trust because God is trustworthy, and he knows how life is best lived. The more we jump and see our God come alive around us, the more we jump without fear - and the bigger the cliffs get."

jennie allen, from her book "anything"

No comments: