Wednesday, April 18, 2012

friend

"friend"

that's a powerful work, isn't it?

i am blessed with the friends in my life. so very blessed.

i spent the morning with 2 dear friends. they are the kind that get RIGHT to the deep stuff. i love that! there is no judgement. no pretense. just tell it like it is! {oh. and there were 9 boys there playing around us. and we STILL had REAL, deep conversation for 2 hours!}

bridget (on the left) lives here. she has 7 kids (i know!) and our families love each other. she challenges and loves me so well. i don't see her NEARLY as often as i'd like!

jean (in the middle) used to live here. years ago. she has 3 boys. they moved away when "our joshua's" (that are the same age) were babies...so 7ish years ago? we did playgroups together. got together in the evenings to get AWAY from the toddlers and babies. i was always drawn to her because she WANTED to talk about REAL stuff...and not just baby toys or baby food. we've kept in touch (not as much as i'd like!) and she's here visiting today and i got to SEE her and HEAR her and HUG her!

girls. thanks for loving me. your friendships are a treasure to me!

3 comments:

Leighann said...

i know it's a sin to be jealous so I'm confessing here. Two of my favorite people in the same room??? (I'm sure I'd like Jean if I knew her!) Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

Megan said...

Yay! So glad you were able to spend some time with them both...especially getting to see Jean after all this time!

Michelle said...

OH how my heart hurts that I missed being with you guys...AAAwww, so sweet.