Monday, March 12, 2012

while pat was in haiti...

pat's been gone since thursday morning (he comes home TONIGHT!!!!!!!!) and we've managed to survive...

it was quite a weekend! which was good, i spent most of the day on thursday crying, convinced he was going to die and leave me a single mom of 6 adorable, but exhausting, kids.

hannah and john came on friday afternoon and took rebekah for 24 hours! they went out to eat, hung out at each of their houses with their roommates, watched a movie, hannah and rebekah went for a run...i don't know what else. but what i DO know is what a precious gift it was to rebekah! she loved it!!!!
stacey came over friday night to hang out with me (her husband is with pat in haiti!) and then my parents came over to spend the night so i could get up early on saturday and run before the basketball marathon that is our saturdays. it was so fun for all of us! we are SO blessed to live close to my family. and one of the only cons to that is that we never need to sleep over at each other's houses. so, this was a first - and so fun!


it wasn't always this calm...
saturday evening we had a birthday gathering at our house - to celebrate feb, march and april birthdays!


sawyer just crawled up in john's lap...so cute! oh! and john's parents were in town, so they stopped by and we all got to meet them - so fun! (although i think they think our family is INSANE!)
my dad and i in our matching shirts :-)
sawyer's head still looks pretty rough. and he keeps hitting it on things. things like a pole. or lincoln.
even with the time change, we managed to get to church on sunday morning! i NEEDED that worship time.
sunday afternoon, judy, a missionary in guatemala, came over for a few hours. it was fun to sit and chat with her! (AND it was so beautiful outside! so beautiful, in fact, that i came in to get something and the kids were in the kitchen IN THEIR BATHING SUITS, ready to have a water fight outside! it was nice...but not THAT nice!)
she gave me these FUN earrings!
those are my kids. cute, huh?? ;-)
we rushed to get rebekah to swimming, ate dinner next door at moe's, rushed home to get the kids baths and in bed....

because....my sister, mom and sister in law were coming over to talk WEDDING!!! we had fun just talking all things wedding. we even got our MY wedding video and watched it! wow...
now it's monday. i'm beyond exhausted. but also very filled up with so much time with people i love this weekend. (although, my introverted self might need to not talk to anyone for the rest of the week to recover :-))
i can't WAIT to get my hands on pat tonight!!! and to hear how it all went!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

i loved going with Hannah and John.

Christy said...

WOW, how did I miss that Pat was going to Haiti???

LOVE your earrings, super cute!!!

And oh my word how cute are Hannah & John???!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Peyton said...

Um, I am sorry, how did I miss that HANNAH WAS ENGAGED?!?! Did you announce that? Perhaps we need to catch up on the phone....

Amy said...

Ok... I'm with Peyton... did we miss an announcement?! I was seriously just thinking that I needed to email you and ask WHEN are they going to get engaged. (Like I know them or something...) :) They are so cute together!

Michelle said...

I'm glad your time with Pat away went well. I always make so many more plans when Mike is away....which is fun but also very tiring!