Monday, March 19, 2012

giving away

my hair had gotten VERY long. mostly, i just didn't have time to even think about it!

but, the last week has been warmer. and i've been wearing tank tops to run in, and my sweaty hair was getting caught in my armpit. GROSS! it was time for a cut.
i probably would have chosen to cut 6-7 inches off. but, decided to cut 10 inches and donate it. i made the appt last week, and as the time got closer, i got more nervous. i really like my hair long. and knew i wasn't going to like it this way. but, it's just hair, right? for a few more inches i can GIVE it to someone instead of it just going in the trash. so, i was determined to go through with it.
i don't love it. but it will grow.

and, how gracious is God? WHILE i was in there getting it cut, a woman came up to me and thanked me. her daughter had cancer and was blessed by someone having donated hair. wow...
i wondered what lincoln and levi might think. they've only known me with long hair. they were there...sitting on chairs eating their lunch while i was getting my hair cut. they didn't seemed phased by it at all!
took my hair next door to the post office and mailed it off!
so...what are things you can eat to make hair grow faster?? ;-)

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Two things....I love that you were able to be thanked at the salon by the recipient of a gift like this, that's awesome. And two, what did the postal workers think of you taking a picture of your hair before you mailed it somewhere?? ;)

Kim Mattes said...

i love it!! you look gorgeous! and doesn't it feel awesome to do something with all of that! it just seems like such a waste just leaving it there on the ground! i donated mine a few years ago. i couldn't stand how long it was. but then i hated it when it was short. mine does not lay right when it is so short and it needs some length to weigh it down or it is so frizzy! but yours looks adorable. and it will grow - but no suggestions on how to make it grow faster. just eat healthy (which you already do! :) )

Katy said...

I love it - I think its so cute!!! Mine is getting too long too and I am about done with it. Wonder if its .long enough to donate yet. Hmmm. How sweet of the lady to thank you!!! You're going to be glad now that the weather is so much warmer!!

beckley said...

i love it
i love it
i love it

and you.

Courtney said...

love it! so proud...I know EXACTLY how those nerves are..and the "post-cut" feelings too. It WILL grow back- and you may even end up wanting to do it again sometime!!!
btw- it's super-cute! :)

Peyton said...

I LOVE it Court, seriously, it looks great! And your hair grows like a weed so don't worry about that. The only tip I know to make it grow faster is to get knocked up. That always works for me :)

Megan said...

Looks great! Way to be brave and just do it!

Megan said...

Looks great! Way to be brave and just do it!

Megan said...

You look so cute! Good for you -- what an awesome cause!

Unknown said...

Even though you don't like it,you look awesome. And younger.

Unknown said...

The first time I got my hair cut "really" short was when Anna's mom had to cut all of her hair off because of the chemo. I have to say that changed my whole outlook on hair and what it is and isn't. You blessed someone. You said it perfectly...it is hair and it comes back:) I am so proud of you and your love for others. Oh....and it looks ADORABLE!!!

Beckysblog said...

Super super cute! And it will be great for summer!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely adorable!

Carrie said...

You look so pretty!! Love that you had the blessing of hearing a thankful heart. Way to go!

Prenatal vits work with the growing part. You can decide if you want the pregnancy to go with 'em! :)

Carrie said...

You look so pretty!! Love that you had the blessing of hearing a thankful heart. Way to go!

Prenatal vits work with the growing part. You can decide if you want the pregnancy to go with 'em! :)

Jarka said...

I've donated my hair 10 months ago and it's slowly growing back :)
you look awesome! :)

T-Luh said...

Courtney! You look fantastic! Your blue eyes pop even more now...you are stunning! Love the look and love the reason. You.Are.Beautiful.

jenn said...

yay! welcome to the short hair club :) it looks awesome - and you will LOVE it this summer!!

ps. just take prenatal vitamins if you want it to grow faster :)

Leighann said...

Love it! It's great for summer. :)

Mandy said...

you are cool. and it looks great!

Courtney Cassada said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR SHORT!
rebekah

Katie VanDorsten said...

I love your story and your heart. And I think you look great!